There are a bunch more indie games coming to the Switch, including the Microsoft-published Ori and the Blind Forest which Nintendo announced in its “Indie World Showcase” will be coming to the platform on September 27.
There, it will also join Cuphead, which released on Switch earlier this year and was also previously a console-exclusive on Xbox One. But there was a lot of other info on a wide variety of games crammed into just 20 minutes as well, so let’s break it down.
- The time-slowing first-person shooter Superhot that mixes puzzle solving with bullet will be out later today.
- Both Hotline Miami games are finally coming to Switch by way of the Hotline Miami Collection.
- Risk of Rain 2, a really fun co-op roguelike came out of early access on PC earlier this year and will hit Switch sometime in the next month.
- The Diablo-like game from 2012, Torchlight II, comes to Switch on September 3.
- Creature in the Well, the dungeon-crawler with pinball mechanics, is coming to Switch September 6.
- Freedom Finger, a side scrolling shoot ‘em up where you steal enemies’ weapons to use against them is out this autumn.
- Blasphemous comes out Sept 26, 2019.
- Previously announced, The Touryst is a voxel puzzle adventure game that looks reminiscent of Star Tropics that’s coming to Switch in November 2019.
- Skellboy is out December 3, 2019
- Munchkin: Quacked Quest will arrive sometime before the end of autumn.
- EarthNight is a side-scrolling platformer where you can fly and run along the backs of dragons while listening to a chiptune-inspired soundtrack that’s coming out sometime before the end of the year.
- Close to the Sun.
- Roki looks like an atmospheric exploration game that takes place in the snow which is fitting since it’s set to release sometime over the winter.
- Youropa is a 3D puzzle platformer where you seemingly play as a delightful little person with a blob for a head.
- Hypercharge: Unboxed.
- What The Golf?
- Dungeon Defenders Awakened is a spin-off of the first game which was absolutely wonderful and deserved better than its ill-fated, already released sequel. I will be a timed console exclusive when it comes to Switch in February.
- Best Friend Forever comes to Switch on Feb 14, 2020.
Sometime in 2020
- Eastward is a new game being published by Chucklfish that has the looks as pixelated-ly beautiful as you’d expect.
- Skater XL is already out on PC where it’s had a mixed reception. We’ll see how it ends up looking on Switch.
- The boat-making exploration game Spiritfarer is planned to arrive sometime next spring.
- Phogs! is colourful and adorable and is slated for the first half of 2020.