Hello Games has pushed out another small patch for the PC version of No Man's Sky. Since the Foundation update it has been tweaking and improving it's vast universe in frequent small patches. The latest patch means that you'll start seeing a greater variety of space battles, with much bigger ones on show.
Other changes are largely bug fixes, like one where the player would spawn as a tiny version of themselves. Frankly, I think it's a shame that bug has gone, I can imagine it's a pain to play with but I like the idea that it makes your journey around the procedural universe is more like Gulliver's Travels where as well as weird beasts you can be a giant or dwarf depending on the planet's scale.
You can read through the full list below:
- Fixed a bug that would make the player character small.
- Space battles will now vary in size more and players should see bigger battles.
- Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won’t happen instantaneously.
- Fix for steam controller not being able to warp.
- Removed up, down, left, right as quick menu navigation keys to allow left handed players to move while using the quick menu.
- Page Up and Page down can now be used to navigate up and down in the quick menu.
- Removed duplicated planets from discoveries menu.
- Fixed an issue with redeeming promo ships in survival, which would result in the ship being spawned above the ground.
- Fix for missing ruins underwater which could cause missions to point to nothing.
- Fixed some rare crashes..
Audio tweaks and fixes
- Added ladder climbing sounds.
- Fixed base building prop sounds not playing when placed inside a Freighter.
- Added sound effect for calling Freighters.
- Added sound effect when using communication stations.
- Fixed an issue which could affect ambient sound in Freighters.
- Changed the sound effect when using the Terminus Teleporter.