You can now arrange your stuff into folders on the Wii U with the new 5.2.0 update which went live overnight.
If you want to really get serious the new folders can also be named and coloured to your liking.
Here's a list of the full features in the new patch:
Version 5.2.0 U:
Released September 29th, 2014
Changes to the Wii U Menu:
- Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
- A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
Changes to Quick Start Menu:
- The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
- Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
Changes to the HOME Menu:
- The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
Changes to the Nintendo eShop:
- Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
Improvements to system stability and usability:
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Image credit: Eurogamer.