Yesterday's normal Tuesday morning Fortnite downtime and patch update was delayed by multiple hours as a result of an issue needing fixing in the patch, but update 4.2 is now live, and we've combed through the patch notes for the most interesting changes.
With update 4.2, the Avengers: Infinity War-themed Infinity Gauntlet mode is now gone from the game, meaning that no longer can players transform into Thanos and wreck havoc on the battlefield.
In Save the World mode, players now have access to the Perk Recombobulator, a menu where players have better control over combining and tweaking weapon perks to create their own perfect loadout. There were also a number of general fixes and updates to Save the World, which you can see below:
- Standard gamepad configuration has been renamed from ‘Standard’ to ‘Old School’.
- Slightly increased the texture streaming pool on Xbox One to help prevent blurry textures from occurring.
- Changed the button mapping for PS4 controllers on Mac to use the Touchpad instead of the Share button to open chat.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be hidden on the loading screen for Windows + Mac players.
- Fixed several causes of rubberbanding when toggling sprint and weapon targeting, which were caused by bugs within those abilities.
- Fixed text labels being inconsistent on all controller layout screens.
- Fixed the time spent in match text not updating properly for party members.
The updates to Battle Royale were smaller and less notable, with the big headline feature being the addition of apples as a healing item. Find trees, and you might see apples on the ground below which heal five health at a time. Below are some of the most notable fixes and tweaks to existing content in Battle Royale:
- Added ‘Auto-Pickup’ option for pickups on PC and consoles.
- This will automatically pick up Weapons and Consumables when walking over them (as long as inventory slots are still empty). They will be placed in the next available inventory slot.
- This option can be enabled in the Settings menu
- Fixed an issue where Turbo Building would stop if you pressed another button before releasing the other.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to bypass weapon equip times after canceling a consumable use animation.
- Players can no longer crouch through the vents of the research facility in Dusty Divot.
- Fixed an issue causing door prediction to get stuck and make it so a player could never open doors.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect displaying of selected cosmetic items in the lobby.
- Patched up a hole in the terrain near Lucky Landing.
- Fixed an issue that made chests appear to be unopened when they have already been looted.
- Fixed an issue allowing player to sprint at full speed in a section of the Loot Lake water.
You can read the full patch notes for update 4.2 here.