Overwatch is still alive and kicking, popular as ever two years after its initial release due in no small part to a host of events pulling players back in for time-limited items and skins. Next Tuesday, on 22nd May, Overwatch will be hosting another time-limited event to celebrate the game's anniversary, and it comes with a bunch of new stuff.
Running until June 12th on PC, Xbox One, and PS4, players who log in during the Overwatch Anniversary Event will see a bunch of new content, and have a chance to reclaim seasonal content they previously managed to miss.
- The Anniversary event will include more than 50 new items, including eight Legendary skins and three epic skins
- New dance emotes have been added for Doomfist, Moira, and Brigitte
YOUR FAVOURITES ARE BACK
- The Anniversary event will bring back previous seasonal cosmetic items, including your favourite dance emotes from last year’s celebration
- Past seasonal brawls are returning to the Arcade and will be rotated daily, including those found in Overwatch: Archives
- The Anniversary event will introduce the brand-new Deathmatch map, Petra
- In addition to Petra, Deathmatch will include a new Competitive Mode, which will feature placement matches, skill rating tiers, and leaderboards
- Players who log in for the Anniversary event will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box, which will guarantee one Legendary item
- Players who purchase the 50 Loot Box Bundle will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box
- All previous seasonal event loot will be included in loot boxes for the duration of the event
- Overwatch and the Anniversary event will be playable during our Free Weekend, which will run from May 25 through May 29
- For those playing Overwatch on PlayStation, a PlayStation Plus account WILL NOT be required to play during Free Weekend
- A new version of Overwatch, Legendary Edition, will be released digitally on May 22
- Legendary Edition will include sets of Legendary, Epic, and Origin skins for a total of 15 skins with purchase
So yeah, if you want to experience a bunch of new Overwatch content, get those skins you missed last event, or just try playing the game without having to commit to a purchase, this might well be the event for you. Happy anniversary Overwatch, keep up the good work.