Generation two is here, and it brings with it a slew of new faces to Pokémon Go.
Earlier today, an update dropped for Pokémon Go that brought with it a slew of new customisation options. More recently, the new roster of Pokémon from Gold and Silver went live, and are now fully capturable out in the wild. From the looks of it, Sentret might be the new Rattata. At least it is where I live.
For reference, the new starters include Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. Additionally, Zubat can now evolve into Crobat, Slowpoke can evolve into Slowking, Onix can evolve into Steelix, Chansey can evolve into Blissey, Seadra can evolve into Kingdra, Scyther can evolve into Scizor, Eevee can evolve into Espeon and Umbreon, and Porygon can evolve into Porygon 2. Some of these evolutions will require special items, such as a Metal Coat.
- Over 80 additional Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region can be caught.
- Gender-specific variations of select Pokémon can be caught.
- Added new encounter mechanics.
- Added Poké Ball and Berry selection carousels to the encounter screen.
- Added two new Berries.
- Added new avatar outfit and accessory options.
- Added new night-mode map and encounter music.
- Added bonus Candies for catching Evolved Pokémon.
- Implemented Apple Watch connection stability improvement.
- Various bug fixes.
- Minor text fixes.
Oh, and if you're having lag issues, you're not alone.
We're currently seeing an incredible number of Trainers logging in. Thanks for bearing with us as we address latency issues!
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) February 16, 2017
We will have more coverage on what the new update is like in action in the coming days.