Rockstar Games has released a patch for Grand Theft Auto 4, the first in six years. It doesn't make any wild changes, but it's nice to see the developer still has the time to get its older games running at their best.
Have a read of the patch notes:
- Added error code "WTV270" to indicate a problem with connecting to Windows Live Sign in Assistant / Games for Windows Live Servers.
- Added Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to compatible OS check.
- Added Display Controller image in Controller Configuration.
- Fixed a bug which made completing "Out of Commission" mission impossible when frame rate exceeds 60fps.
- Fixed a bug with the "Resource Usage" indicator on graphics cards with more than 2GB of VRAM.
- Fixed a bug that restricted settings changes when using modern video cards.
- Fixed a bug with the map crosshair on certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug with text scrolling in "Brief" Menu.
- Fixed "drawlist overflow" crash.
- Minor performance optimizations.