Nintendo is celebrating the fifth anniversary of the eShop with a big sale from this Thursday, 9th June. 3DS, Wii U and Virtual Console software will all be discounted until June 23rd.
The list of discounted titles is pretty huge - I've picked out some of the highlights:
- 50% off Zelda games: Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and Link's Awakening DX are all £2.69 each - and all of them are portable masterpieces of the Game Boy Colour age. Minish Cap is £3.09, Ocarina of Time is £4.49, and Link to the Past is £2.69. That's a nearly complete collection of the best older Zelda games for around £20.
- 50% off Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2 - more Game Boy classics here at £1.79 each.
- Super Mario Bros 3 for £1.69
- Shin Megami Tensei IV for £8.99
- Gunman Clive for £0.99 - massively underrated indie game for 3DS, definitely get it
- Trine 2 - cool Wii U indie platformer for £6.99
- Toki Tori for £0.89 - another massively underrated indie game, this time for Wii U
- Super Metroid for £2.69
- Three of the best Mario games are on offer: Super Mario 64 for £4.49, Super Mario World for £2.69 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 for £8.99
- Awesome old-school-Nintendo-inspired mini-game collections NES Remix and NES Remix 2 are £4.49 each - these are especially good as pass-the-pad games
- Metroid Prime Trilogy is £8.99 - three great games there
- Quirky, beloved RPG Earthbound is £3.49
There's a full list of discounts through this link, in UK and Euro pricing.