Holy moly. There are a TON of hilariously bad if not somewhat broken GTA clones on mobile.
YouTuber Jerma985 took the bullet for us and actually played through a bunch of those mobile knock-offs. You can see him wrestle with and laugh at these games in the video below. SHOCKINGLY, many of these games are terrible.
Here’s some of what you can expect:
- Terrible controls that try to simulate a controller or a steering wheel
- Games that cannot seem to load anything more than a few feet in front of the player
- Ads that get in the way
- Half-baked worlds that the player can just fall through
- Stolen assets from other major games
- Inability to steal other cars until you get to a certain level
- Horrible loading times
- The ugliest graphics possible
- Cars that have no drivers
- Horrible radio stations
Really, the list goes on—but you can’t be that critical. This is totally in the “so bad it’s good” territory. Maybe that’s giving the schlocky games too much credit, though: the humor is probably 99% Jerma985’s doing, in the end.